sexta-feira, 15 de fevereiro de 2008

Valentine's Day


Yesterday was Valentine’s Day. It’s the equivalent to Dia dos Namorados in Brazil, but there are differences, because here the tradition is to give cards to everyone whom you like – father, mother, brother, sister, friend, kids, grandpa, grandma, and to your girlfriend or boyfriend too!!! It’s a fall-in-love day and you can be passionate with all these people.

But it seems to me very strange to give a love card to my grandpa...

Ok... me and Bruno went out to celebrate. We went to a restaurant in Amherst center, called “Judie’s”. Hummm... it was wonderfull!!! Special menu for Valentine’s Day, cute service, great food, delicious desert, romance in the air...

These days of “Just-married” have been really great. I think that it works out because we like the same things and have fun with similar things.

Sure, we have our differences. Examples of this were our gifts: to him, an air gun; to her, a purse, a necklace and earings. Testosterone X estrogen.

But this is cool too. We were born in the same day, we both like cinema, theater plays, good food, chocolate, junk food, technology, sleeping, reading, playing with each other, photography, music; we have so much in common, but I didn’t get married with my twin. We have differences too. They are few, like... like....ah....I don’t like Los Hermanos, he doesn’t like Erasure; I like broccoli, he hates it; I watch reality shows, he, CNN; I cry reading a novel, he calls me a “cry-baby”.

But I think that it still works out because we love each other. Those who know us for a long time, know that we have been through a lot!!!! And if we are still together, it’s because we love each other very much.

It will be silly to say this, but I don’t mind: I love my Valentine!!!!!

Nenhum comentário: